Memorial Day Safety & Traffic Plan
In preparation for this holiday weekend, the city has been planning diligently to implement a comprehensive and coordinated plan to ensure visitors are able to enjoy the beaches, while maintaining safety and resident quality of life.Traffic/Transit Information:
- Ocean Drive is closed to vehicular traffic, pedestrians only, as of today, May 26 at 7 a.m. until Monday, May 29 at 7 a.m.
- To assist with traffic management, we will be
implementing a 24-hour traffic loop beginning tonight, May 26 at 7 p.m.
until Monday, May 29 at 7 a.m.
- Washington Avenue will be southbound only from 5 - 15 streets and Collins Avenue will be northbound only from 5 - 17 streets.
- Utilize the free Miami Beach Trolleys to get around the city. Want to get to and from the mainland without taking your car? Hop aboard Water Taxi Miami, with multiple pick up and drop off locations.
- Garage: 7 ST & Collins Ave. Transit Stop: Washington Ave & 7 ST
- Garage: 12 ST & Drexel Ave. Transit Stop: Washington Ave & 11 ST
- Garage: 13 ST & Collins Ave. Transit Stop: Washington Ave & 13 ST
- Garage: 16 ST & Collins Ave. Transit Stop: Washington Ave & Lincoln Rd
- Garage: 17 ST & Pennsylvania Ave. Transit Stop: 17 ST & Convention Center Dr
- Garage: 42 ST & Sheridan Ave. Transit Stop: Sheridan Ave N of 41 ST
- Garage: 18 ST & Meridian Ave. Transit Stop: 17 ST at Convention Center Dr
- Garage: 5 ST & Alton Rd. Transit Stop: Alton Rd & 6 ST
- Garage: Pennsylvania Ave & 17 ST. Transit Stop: 17 ST & Convention Center Dr
- Garage: 19 ST & Bay Rd. Transit Stop: 20 ST & Bay Rd.
traffic loop will have barricades to restrict access to residential
neighborhoods. Residents must carry a valid photo ID to access 'Local
Traffic Only' within the traffic loop.
Resident Access Points within the traffic loop:
- 15 Street & Meridian Avenue
- 15 Street & Alton Road
- 11 Street & Alton Road
- 5 Street & Alton Road
- 5 Street & Meridian Avenue
- 5 Street & Washington Avenue
- 5 Street & Collins Avenue
- Download the ParkMe - Miami Beach App to find available parking and the ParkMobile App to pay for metered parking using your mobile phone.
Be In the Know:
- Text MBTraffic to 91011 to receive traffic alerts.
- Planning to spend the weekend on the sand? Know what to bring and Respect the Scene.
Keep Kids Safe Program:
City of Miami Beach will be hosting a Kids fun Zone at the air and Sea
Show. Located on Ocean Drive between 12 and 13 Street, next to Lummus
Park on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28
from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Children and their parents can participate in themed arts
and crafts, yoga, a team scavenger hunt, dance-a-thon and the opportunity to
write letters to our service men and women.
As an additional security measure, the Miami Beach Police and Emergency Management departments will launch a wristband ID program known as K.I.D.S.(Kid ID Station). This program is designed to add another level of security by voluntarily issuing an ID wristband to children of all ages, their guardians and/or adults with special needs. The wristband will contain the child’s name, guardian’s name and contact information.
Kid ID Stations will be operational on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28 from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. at 5, 8, 10 and 13 streets at Lummus Park. Each station will have a City of Miami Beach tent, portable sign and will be staffed with Goodwill Ambassadors. Ambassadors will maintain a spreadsheet with the names of each child registered, in addition to the guardian’s contact information. This program is a free service for visitors and residents.
- View all of the activities here.
- Goodwill Ambassadors will be wearing bright green shirts and deployed throughout South Beach. They will help with crowd management and answering visitor questions.